Wage and Hour
Helping workers get paid what they are legally owed
The employment law attorneys at Vladeck, Waldman, Elias & Engelhard, P.C., help individuals and classes of workers get paid what they are legally owed.
Our firm concentrates on employment issues. We know from experience that the more you know about your rights the better we can assist you. We also know that when it comes to getting paid a fair wage for an honest day’s work, you want to be assured you receive everything to which you are entitled. Unfortunately, many employers try to get around their legal obligations.
How wage and hour laws work for you
Wage and hour laws provide you the right to be properly compensated:
- Depending on your occupation, duties, and how you are paid, you may be entitled to overtime for any week in which you work more than 40 hours.
- You are entitled to be paid the minimum wage.
- If you receive tips, management cannot take a portion of your tips for itself or to pay employees who are not regularly tipped.
- You are entitled to all commissions you have earned.
- Your employer cannot make deductions from your wages unless you have approved the deductions in writing and they are for your benefit, such as for certain employee benefits.
How do you know if you are victim of an unscrupulous employer? Your best course of action is consult one of our attorneys if your employer—
- Has misclassified you to avoid paying overtime
- Has not provided you with an employee handbook and refuses to answer your questions about company policies on wages
- Forces you to work off the clock
- Finds other ways to avoid paying you overtime
- Takes a portion of your tips or makes other unlawful deductions from your earnings
If you believe that you have not been paid all of the wages you are entitled to, contact Vladeck, Waldman, Elias & Engelhard, P.C.’s experienced wage and hour law attorneys.
These matters are often not as clear cut as they may seem, and we can represent your interests and assist you in achieving the best possible outcome.
Protecting workers' rights for more than 50 years
Vladeck, Waldman, Elias & Engelhard, P.C. provides comprehensive employment law legal services. Please call us at (212) 403-7300 or contact us online. One of our attorneys will call you to discuss a possible consultation.