- Fordham University School of Law (J.D.)
- Oberlin College (B.A.)
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
Kathleen C. Riley
Tel: (212) 403-7300
Kate Riley works closely with clients on employment discrimination matters related to race, color, religion, sex and national origin. She also defends employees accused by their former employers of stealing intellectual property and/or alleged confidential/proprietary data, or committing computer-related crimes.Kate’s broad-based work experience allows her to represent clients of all backgrounds with skill and empathy. She presents cases in front of the EEOC, OSHA, state & city agencies, and in federal court. She is well-versed in matters of Title VII, 42 U.S.C. § 1981, the Americans with Disabilities Act, NYSHRL, NYCHRL, FLSA and other important employment law statutes. She has secured favorable outcomes in cases involving in-house counsel and the disclosures of information required to allege claims while complying with attorney ethics rules.
Kate is the author of Data Scraping as a Cause of Action: Limiting Use of the CFAA and Trespass in Online Copying Cases, Fordham Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal (2019).
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Recipient, the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award for Pro Bono Service, Fordham University School of Law