- Harvard Law School (J.D.), Cum laude
- Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations (B.S.)
- New York, 2019
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
Emily G. Bass
Emily Bass represents clients in a variety of employment-related matters, including cases involving disability rights, sexual harassment, pregnancy discrimination, violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act and Equal Pay Act, and retaliation. She also practices criminal law.Emily is a strong and focused advocate for her clients’ goals, representing them in negotiations, federal and state court proceedings, and arbitration. Over her career, Emily has settled numerous cases including sexual harassment, race and religious discrimination, and pregnancy discrimination, both before and after initiating litigation. She managed the fact discovery process in multiple federal litigations, including taking depositions and successfully arguing discovery issues before the Court – resulting in Court orders requiring that employers turn over contested documents. Her criminal law work has included defense in a multi-defendant federal prosecution.
Committed to the development of her community, Emily has nearly 15 years of experience competing in and coaching mock trial teams at the high school, college, and law school level.
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Dean’s Scholar Prize recipient in Employment Law, Labor Law, Legislation and Regulation, and International Law
- Article Selection Editor, Harvard’s Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review