- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts, B.A.
Honors: cum laude
- New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
Tel: (212) 403-7300
Jeremiah Iadevaia advises employees in matters involving discrimination, retaliation, whistleblower claims, breach of contract and restrictive covenant disputes, and wage and hour violations. He is a capable and compassionate advisor to those experiencing challenges in the workplace.Jeremiah grew up in a working class family and remembers watching his dad, a union leader, fight for workers’ rights throughout his childhood. Now a father of three young children, he strongly identifies and empathizes with the challenges that working parents face. Jeremiah recognizes that many employment disputes can be resolved without a lawsuit. By providing expert advice and support, he empowers his clients to negotiate effectively with their employers. When an employer refuses to come to the table, however, he will not hesitate to take the case to court. A skilled litigator with experience before administrative agencies and trial and appellate courts at both the state and federal levels, Jeremiah is a fierce protector of every employee’s right to a fair and safe workplace.
After more than 13 years of practicing employment law, Jeremiah recognizes that discrimination takes many forms, and is creative in his approach to advocacy and litigation. In his time at the firm, he has:
- Represented a law firm partner who suffered gender and age discrimination at a global law firm, which then retaliated against her for making a complaint
- Represented an Executive Vice President of Finance who raised discrimination and retaliation claims against an international company
- Represented a Chief Communications Officer who alleged gender discrimination and retaliation claims against a worldwide advertising company
- Represented an executive who alleged a pervasive pattern of age discrimination against a Fortune 500 company
- Represented an Editor-in-Chief of a beauty magazine who was discriminated against because of her disability, and then faced retaliation when she raised a complaint
- Represented a security guard who alleged race discrimination and whistleblower retaliation claims against multi-purpose arena
- Represented a sign-maker claiming wage and hour violations, secured a judgment on his behalf, and preserved the judgment after one of the defendants declared bankruptcy
Jeremiah is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education events, including the Practicing Law Institute, the New York City Bar Association, and the New York County Lawyers’ Association.
- Clerkship: Hon. Debra Freeman, Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Super Lawyers Honoree, New York – Metro (2021 – 2022)
- Rising Stars Honoree, Super Lawyers, New York – Metro (2017 – 2020)
- Named to the 2020 – 2022 Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment Lawyers lists
- "Labor & Employment Star," Benchmark Litigation, Northeast/New York, 2020 – 2021