Vladeck Raskin and Clark P.C. is currently seeking a full time Paralegal to support our team of talented attorneys. This is a non-exempt position in our NYC office. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with an interest in employment law as well as criminal defense, preferably with some paralegal experience in a litigation firm.
Vladeck, Raskin & Clark, P.C., established in New York City in 1949, has built a reputation of standing for the rights of working people. From the boardroom to the factory, we believe all employees are entitled to fair pay, a workplace free from discrimination, and the opportunity to advance their careers without restrictions. Today, our team also has an established practice in criminal defense, advising and defending clients in every stage of criminal proceedings.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or paralegal certificate
- 2 to 5 years of experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, high level proficiency in MS 365 Office Suite, document management systems and billing systems
- Experience billing time
- Knowledge of legal process
- E-filing experience preferred
- Strong communication skills both orally and written, ability to communicate effectively with courts, government agencies and vendors.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proactive approach, ability to work independently as well as with the team
- Ability to manage multiple cases, deadlines and responsibilities, ability to prioritize
- Build case files, manage document productions and discovery materials
- E-file court documents
- Assist attorneys at every stage of case
- Manage off site case files
- Obtain authorizations for records, reach out to medical providers and government agencies to retrieve records
- Assist attorneys with deposition preparation and trial preparation
- Travel to court to file documents or retrieve documents when needed
- Check legal citations
- Performing calculations with Excel
Salary and Benefits
- $60,000 – 65,000 annually, based on experience
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Medical, dental and supplemental vision care plans for all eligible employees, spouses, domestic partners and their children
- Merit Bonuses
- Generous PTO program
How to Apply
Please consider joining our team by sending your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Vladeck Raskin & Clark P.C. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.